Doha Hamad: Make quick trips to and from the airport by taking the metro
Traveling in Qatar is now easier thanks to Doha’s three metro lines – Red, Gold and Green. The Doha Metro is a rapid transit system in the Qatari capital (Doha), which has been in service for a few years. It consists of three lines (red, gold, green) with a length of approximately 76 km and with 37 stations. At a speed of 100 km / h, the Doha metro will be one of the fastest autonomous trains in the world.
The Doha Metro operates 7 days a week, and you can catch a train every 5 minutes. Here are the daily Doha Metro timetables:
– Saturday to Wednesday: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
– Thursday: 6:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
– Friday: 2:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
The Doha Metro network consists of three lines – red, green and gold, with 37 stations including two interchange stations.
The red line, the one that serves Doha Hamad International Airport
The red line stretches 40 km from Al Wakra in the south to Lusail in the north. This line also connects Hamad International Airport (HIA) to Terminal 1 in the city center. It currently has 17 active stations (Legtaifiya will open next year) and two interchange stations for the metro lines – Al Bida and Msheireb.
If you are going to Terminal 1 of Hamad International Airport from Al Wakra, you need to go to Oqba Bin Nafeh first.
Then take the train to Hamad Airport. As if you come from Hamad International Airport Station to Al Wakra, you need to change trains at Oqba Bin Nafeh Station
– Lusail QNB Station in Al Wakra – 39 minutes
– Lusail to Hamad International Airport – 38 minutes
– From Hamad International Airport to Al Wakra – approximately 13 to 15 minutes and vice versa
– Msheireb to Al Wakra – 17 minutes
– Msheireb to Hamad International Airport – 16 minutes
Where do you get the tickets to get in the metro cabin?
You can purchase Doha Metro travel cards at metro stations or online from the Doha Metro website.
– The fare for a Standard / Family class flight is 2 QR per person per flight, and a day ticket costs 6 QR.
– The cost of a single ticket in Gold class is 10 QR per person per flight, while the cost of a day ticket is 30 QR.
– The price is the same for a child and an adult.
– Free for children under 4 years old. Children aged 5 and over need a ticket to take the Doha Metro.
– Children 9 years of age or older can travel alone.
Some rules to learn before taking the metro
Animals are not allowed. In all cases, blind and deaf travelers with guide dogs are allowed. Taking the Doha Metro with luggage should be possible at no additional cost. In any case, no inconvenience or injury to individual passengers or in the event of obstruction of exit routes or aisles is permitted.