When flights delayed by Qatar Airways give access to compensation?
Flight delays: What passengers can claim from Qatar Airways if their plane does not take off on time
A lot of us use air travel, some do it for tourism, and some do it for business, …. And flights are often delayed. The reasons for the delay can be: bad weather conditions, technical problems on the plane, heavy traffic in the airport airspace, internal airline problems, and much more.
What if your flight served by Qatar Airways is delayed?
In the event of a flight delay exceeding two hours, knowing that its departure is scheduled from an airport in the European Union:
– If the flight is delayed by 2 hours or more, you are entitled to two phone calls or e-mail messages. In addition, the airline must provide all passengers with non-alcoholic beverages;
– If the flight is delayed for more than 4 hours, the carrier is required to provide each with hot meals. The airline must provide meals every six hours during the day and every eight hours at night. Typically, passengers receive coupons for meals at one of the airport’s restaurants or cafes;
– If the Qatar Airways plane is delayed by 8 hours or more during the day (6 hours or more at night), the airline must accommodate its passengers at the hotel. Also, the Qatari carrier is obliged to organize a transfer from the airport to the hotel and back and a luggage storage in the luggage room.
Sequence of actions for delayed flights:
– Find an airline representative. It can be at the counter where check-in took place, as well as at the airline ticket office at the airport. If you’ve already gone through pre-flight security, the employee can be found at the boarding gate, where the plane was supposed to take off according to plan.
– From the airline representative, you must get a note about the flight delay, as well as coupons for food (or drinks or a hotel), depending on the length of the flight delay.
– If you have not found a Qatar Airways representative, you can contact the information desk at the airport for all the information you need.
Flight delays are often associated with additional material costs. In this case, material compensation is provided. It will only be paid to you if the delay is due to the fault of the airline. The amount of compensation is 25% of the minimum wage for each hour of delay, but not more than 50% of the ticket price.
If the plane did not take off on time due to weather conditions, a technical malfunction of the plane or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Qatar Airways airline, then you will not be entitled compensation.
Compensation for delayed passengers
If the Qatar Airways flight with a long delay (of three hours or more) were to take off from a destination in the EU, in this case, the Qatari company must pay them compensation in the following amounts:
– 250 € (1030 QR) for flights with a distance of up to 1,500 kilometers;
– 400 € (QR 1,650) for flights with a journey of 1,500 to 3,500 kilometers;
– 600 € (2470 QR) for flights over 3500 kilometers.
When determining the distance, the last point is taken as a basis, in which the refusal of transport or the non-performance of the flight has been previously planned and for which at least one seat has been reserved, will create a delay in the arrival of passengers at the scheduled time:
– For two hours – for flights with a range of up to 1,500 kilometers;
– For three hours – for flights with a range of 1,500 to 3,500 kilometers;
– For four hours – for flights not specified in paragraphs two and three of this part.
Other rights to be claimed at the airport
In addition to the payment of remuneration, the air carrier is required to offer the passenger the choice between:
Reimbursement within seven days, which must be paid in cash, by electronic bank transfer, money orders or bank checks, or with the written consent of the passenger, in the form of traveller’s checks, the full price of the ticket at price at which it was purchased, for the unused part of the ticket and for the used part (s) of the ticket, if the flight no longer meets the passenger’s needs, as well as, where applicable, ensuring the return flight to the original point of departure as soon as possible;
Modification of the itinerary, which is carried out under appropriate transport conditions: to the final destination, as soon as possible or subsequently at the request of the passenger and subject to availability.
Transport of a passenger from the airport where transport was refused, to the airport from which the alternative route proposed by the carrier begins, and from the alternative landing airport to the airport where the passenger is to arrive on the flight to which he was refused transport, the carrier’s account is executed.
If the passengers who have expressed the desire to refuse to travel on this flight are not found or their number is not sufficient, the carrier has the right to refuse the carriage of the passenger against his liberty.