Qatar Airways increases flights to Saudi Arabia
Qatar Airways continues to rebuild its network and notably resumes its flights from its Doha hub to Medina in Saudi Arabia, strengthens its links with Egypt (with more frequencies to Cairo, a new line soon to Sharm El-Sheikh and another to Luxor) and will launch a new service to Almaty in Kazakhstan. The routes will all be operated by Airbus A320 (12 + 132) seats.
Flight times to Medina (Saudi Arabia) on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays:
- Doha Airport (DOH) to Medina (MED) – Flight QR1174 – departure at 01:00 – arrival at 03:15
- Medina (MED) to Doha (DOH) – Flight QR1175 – departure at 04:15 – arrival at 06:25
Flight times to Almaty (Kazakhstan) from November 19, Mondays and Fridays (in local time):
- Doha (DOH) to Almaty (ALA) – Flight QR391 – departure at 01:15 – arrival at 08:35
- Almaty (ALA) to Doha (DOH) – Flight QR392 – departure at 9:40 p.m. – arrival at 11:55 p.m.
Flight schedules to Luxor (Egypt) from November 23, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays:
- Doha (DOH) to Luxor (LXR) – Flight QR1321 – departure at 08:25 – arrival at 11:00
- Luxor (LXR) to Doha (DOH) – Flight QR1322 – departure at 12:10 p.m. – arrival at 4:05 p.m.
Flight times to Sharm El-Sheikh (Egypt) from December 3, Tuesdays and Fridays (in local time):
- Doha (DOH) to Sharm El-Sheikh (SSH) – Flight QR1311 – departure at 09:00 – arrival at 10:45
- Sharm El-Sheikh (SSH) to Doha (DOH) – Flight QR1312 – departure at 1.15 p.m. – arrival at 5.30 p.m.
The national airline of Qatar, which currently has more than 140 destinations, has just been named Airline of the Year by the rating site Skytrax. It also received five other awards including World’s Best Business Class, World’s Best Business Class Lounge, World’s Best Business Class Seat, World’s Best Inflight Catering and Best Airline from the Middle-East.